IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefits of humanity. IEEE and its members inspire a global community to innovate for a better tomorrow through its highly-cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities. IEEE is the trusted “voice” for engineering, computing and technology information around the globe.
There are more than 420,000 IEEE members in more than 160 countries. IEEE publishes one third of the world’s technical literature in electrical engineering, computer science and electronics and is a leading developer of international standards that underpin many of today’s telecommunications, information technology and power generation products and services.
- More than 421,355 members in more than 160 countries, more than 50 percent of whom are from outside the United States
- More than 114,450 Student members
- 334 Sections in ten geographic Regions worldwide
- 2,116 Chapters that unite local members with similar technical interests
- 2,806 student branches at colleges and universities in over 100 countries
- 1,159 student branch chapters of IEEE technical societies
- 459 affinity groups; IEEE affinity groups are non-technical sub-units of one or more Sections or a Council. The affinity group patent entities are the IEEE-USA Consultants’ Network, Young Professionals (YP), Women in Engineering (WIE), and Life Members (LM)
- Has 39 Societies and seven technical councils representing the wide range of IEEE technical interests
- Has nearly 4 million documents in the IEEE Xplore® Digital Library, with more than 8 million downloads each month
- Has over 1,100 active standards and more than 500 standards under development
- Publishes approximately 180 transactions, journals, and magazines
- Sponsors more than 1,600 conferences in 95 countries while:
- Partnering with more than 1,300 non-IEEE entities globally
- Attracting more than 485,000 conference attendees
- Publishing more than 1,400 conference proceedings via IEEE Xplore
- IEEE Spectrum Magazine – the flagship publication of IEEE, explores the development, applications and implications of new technologies.
- myIEEE- an interactive web portal exclusive to IEEE Members which allows for the customization of the member experience using gadgets, RSS feeds etc.
- tv™– Internet television offering exclusive programming about technology and engineering.
- IEEE memberNET- An online search and networking tool that enables members to connect with technical and engineering experts worldwide.
- IEEE Potentials Magazine – The only student-focused magazine within all of IEEE!
- What’s New for Students- Electronic newsletter for students and graduate student members highlighting resources and new benefits within IEEE.
- IEEEXplore – discounted access to more than 3 million documents.
- IEEE ResumeLab- An online service that allows IEEE members to develop a resume or curriculum vitae using a wide array of resume templates.
- IEEE email alias- free for members with virus protection and spam filtering.
- IEEE Discounts- membership pays for itself with as much as 50% off IEEE products.
- Career Alerts- A weekly email containing career advice plus the job of the week from the IEEE Job Site.
- Job Site- helps to locate career opportunities easily.
No. of Students: 12
Established on 30th May 2015
Inaugural Ceremony on 27th July 2015
IEEE Student Branch Code: STB18001
School Code: 60094067
Branch Counselor: Prof. Ashish Soni
Head of the Department: Dr. Rajesh Arya
IEEE Student Branch Office Bearers
|S.No||Post||Name of the Student||Membership No.|
|2||Vice Chairperson||Dhritish Dalvi||93464311|
Session Year 2015-16
- Inaugural Ceremony on 27th July 2015
Photos: Inaug (1) to Inaug (11)
- Extempore Competition on 4th Sept. 2015.
- Three week Challenge consist of PPT presentation & Project Competition on 30th 2015
Photos: Three Week (1) to Three Week (5)
- Expert Lecture of Santosh Kumar Vishavkarma, Asst. Professor, IIT Indore on ” Internet of Things”, for EC 2nd and 3rd year students, on October 6, 2015
- Expert Lecture & institute visit of H.M. Gupta, Professor IIT Delhi along with Dr. B.M. Singhi, Former Director (Academics), Acropolis Technical Campus, on 4th & 5th Feb, 2016.
Photos: HGupta (1) to HGupta (5)