To be renowned for research lead quality education creating skill-ready, innovative and entrepreneurial Mechanical Engineering Graduates.
Mechanical Engineering Department is committed to
- Quality Education: prepare responsible graduates having sound fundamental knowledge and problem solving ability, by constantly improving pedagogical methods in academic programme.
- Innovation: prepare graduates to respond effectively to the persistent needs of the industry by inculcating creative thinking and competitive spirit in all activities.
- Research: develop partnership with various organizations to achieve excellence in academics through collaborative research and by providing consultancy to the industries.
- Entrepreneurship: cultivate the spirit of calculated risk taking and thus self employment among graduates.
- Value: prepare graduates having trust and obedience for the growth of the society at large.
PROGRAM EDUCATION OBJECTIVES (PEOs)
Motive: Through brilliance and hard work, the graduates should make a habit of making impossible possible.
To achieve career and professional accomplishments, a graduate of Mechanical Engineering Programme, after five years and hence, must exhibit following qualities-
PEO-I : Graduate must demonstrate a good use of applied mathematics, fundamentals of science and engineering, particularly Mechanical Engineering necessary to formulate, analyze and solve engineering problems.
PEO-II: Graduate must foster innovation by transforming their ideas as proof-of-concepts towards novel solutions for real life interdisciplinary and disciplinary problems.
PEO-III: Graduate must exhibit liveliness of continuous learning attitude towards recent developments and future technologies either by self study or continuing higher education in engineering or management.
PEO-IV: Graduate must have acquired sufficient training and experience with an attitude to bear ethical responsibilities in professional carrier and develop Entrepreneurial skill.
PEO-V: Graduate must be able to communicate effectively as member of multidisciplinary team.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- An ability of applying knowledge of mathematical techniques, scientific theories, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialization to the solution of simple to complex problems.
- An ability to identify, formulate, analyze and solve Mechanical Engineering problems, reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of engineering and natural sciences.
- An ability to design and evaluate a Mechanical system component or a process that meet desired specifications and functional requirements, considering manufacturability, sustainability, environmental, societal, cultural and public health & safety issues.
- An ability to develop and conduct experiments using research methods, including collection and analysis of data to interpret and validate results for research based knowledge.
- An ability to develop/select and use appropriate techniques, tools, skills, engineering software and equipments necessary for practicing modeling, prediction etc. in engineering activities.
- An ability to understand contextual and contemporary knowledge to assess societal, health & safety, legal and cultural issues.
- The need for sustainable development by assessing the impact of professional engineering solutions in economic, environmental and societal contexts.
- An understanding of professional ethics & responsibilities to uplift norms of engineering practice.
- An ability to function as an individual and as a leader or team member in diverse teams or in a multi disciplinary settings.
- An ability to communicate effectively on engineering activities or otherwise in verbal, written and graphical form.
- An ability to engage in self education for lifelong learning by participating in quality improvement programmes and so, in the broadest context of technological change.
- An ability to practice financial planning and analysis of academic or industrial projects including the practice of principles and functions of management to develop managerial and entrepreneurial skills.