Department of Electronics and Communication
The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering intends to impart quality degree programs. These programs emphasize on fundamental principles to create technological excellence and exceptional ability in the students. Department has well equipped laboratories including hardware and software meeting the latest curriculum of RGPV, Bhopal. The department has its own innovations and quality procedures such as:
- Regular updating of laboratory experiments.
- Improvement in teaching methodology using various aids including LCD Multimedia display, OHP etc.
- Learning material development including laboratory manuals and lecture notes
- Faculty and staff training.
- Professional society’s activities including IEEE, ISTE membership.
- Involvement of students in department-development activities.
- Industrial visits and expert lectures for the students.
- Department development into a full-fledged centre of learning and research in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering keeping in view the latest developments.
- Student’s development in attaining a solid foundation in Electronics and Communication Engineering fundamentals with an attitude to pursue continuing education.
- Students functionality professionally and technically in an increasingly international and rapidly changing world due to the advances in technologies and concepts.
- Students practicing excellent leadership qualities, at levels appropriate to their experience, which addresses issues in a responsive, ethical, and innovative manner.
- Students performing excellently in careers by being a part of success and growth of an organization with which they are associated.
- Students contributing to the needs of the society in solving technical problems using Electronics and Communication Engineering principles, tools, and practices.
To provide education for the students who are able to compete internationally on technical and professional grounds, able to generate creative solutions to the society’s needs, conscious to the universal moral values, adherent to the professional ethical code, and to produce and disseminate knowledge and technologies essential to the local and global needs in the field of electronics and communication engineering.
Department induces effective teaching-learning strategies by continuously assessing the latest current teaching methods and introducing pioneering ideas to reach the goal. Department is emphasizing conventional informative approach with experiments that empower the influential learning process. Some of the important teaching techniques are:
- Lectures, case-discussions, lab sessions, experiential class activities, seminars, expert lectures, project works, structured and unstructured group works, simulation, field teaching/industrial visits etc. All the above mentioned strategies are followed with the help of well planned academic calendar.
- Students are formally assessed through diverse assessment strategies to ensure whether they have really attained the education goals. Department follow a system of continuous evaluation through regularity of students, examinations, portfolio and performance assessment, paper presentations, quizzes, etc.
- Based on the evaluation of student’s performance, department also follow periodic counseling programs and suggest remedial classes for their improvement.
- Department identify the importance of families in supporting the overall development of the students. Our parent teacher interactive sessions opens gateway for the betterment of students and institution.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To impart knowledge to students on fundamental of basic science, mathematics and computer science that would help them to comprehend the design and developmental concepts of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To develop the indispensable communication skills and essential comprehensive abilities in students and provide them with hardware and software skill trainings that will facilitate them to attain excellent job opportunities in the industries or for their higher studies.
- To provide practical skills by hands-on experience to the students to relate the knowledge gained on various scientific and technical courses in order to carry out curriculum based laboratory experiments and team projects.
- To provide an exhaustive knowledge and demonstrations related to the core area of Electronics and Communication Engineering, starting from the fundamentals to the level of analysis, synthesis and design of circuits and systems, in addition to the exposure on latest advancements in the field.
- To cultivate the students with a broader knowledge on usage of computers, management, ethical and moral principles, environmental issues and other engineering disciplines.
- To familiarize the students with the concept of state of art, computing techniques and simulations which help them to incorporate new ideas in any field of technology in order to make advancements in the already existing knowledge.
- To foster an interest for self learning, updating recent developments, innovations in the major area of study by way of in plant training and industrial visit and motivating to present in national / international forums for dissemination of knowledge.
Program Outcomes (POs)
- Acquiring adequate knowledge on fundamentals of engineering sciences, applied mathematics and computational aspects and to apply the comprehension gained on laboratory experiments.
- Possessing good listening, reading, writing and spoken skills on technical English communications.
- Applying the communicative language skills and professional knowledge to gain job opportunities in leading organizations.
- Motivated with an interest to undergo higher studies or research in India or foreign countries.
- Ability to design, construct and test application oriented circuits and systems related analog/digital/mixed signal based electronics, signal processing and telecommunication engineering.
- Developing skills to carry our experiments listed in curriculum and to implement individual/team project.
- Learning professional, managerial, ethical and environmental based principles to become excellent citizen of our nation.
- Ability to use computers for programming, simulation, documentation, calculation, slide presentation and other application based needs such as Photoshop, etc.
- Acquiring required broader knowledge on all other engineering disciplines including engineering graphics and engineering practices.
- Flexibility to execute team work without any disparity based on gender, interdisciplinary, etc.
- Presenting technical research papers in the National / International Conferences, reputed journals, Workshops and Symposia.
- B.E. Intake : 180